8.24.2008

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

The baby's sleeping in my lap right now, and I'm feeling very happy. We're having a Mommy/Daughter day while Paul is on a wine tour for our friend Mike's birthday. I stayed home since it's my last day before I go back to work. Couldn't bear to leave her all day!
We've had a really nice weekend. Friday night Annie stayed with my parents and sister while we went out for a date night. We went to the mall food court for dinner. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that it's one of our favorite places to eat out: Paul gets his Chinese and I get my Camille's Cafe. Yum. After a quick dinner we went to see The Dark Knight. SO. GOOD. I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype, but it did. We really loved it.

Saturday we spent some time at home. Annie and I sang and played for a while and then she napped and I got a lot of cleaning done. After Paul got home and ate dinner we went for a walk to the park. Annie went on the swing for the first time! She seemed a bit concerned, but I think she enjoyed it. After our walk we went out to meet Paul's mom and stepfather for some ice cream by the lake in Canandaigua. It was such a beautiful night, breezy but not too chilly. Everyone out there was so friendly, saying hi to each other, admiring all of the cute dogs and babies. We had a really nice visit. We did our grocery shopping after that. Another wild and crazy Saturday night!
Paul left for the wine tour this morning around 10. Annie and I went for a walk after that. She fell asleep so I walked all over town so she could get a full nap in before we came home to Gussy's barking, which usually wakes her up. (Arg.) It was really beautiful out this morning: nice and breezy, great light. Every once in a while it looked like it might rain but then the sun would come out. We went through the park and then up around the high school. The tennis courts were full and football season has started, so there were a ton of people up there. Annie had lots of admirers. I saw my old math teacher playing tennis. I love living in a town where you can walk the sidewalks and see a ton of people out and about. It really makes you feel like a part of a community.
This afternoon we lazed around in the backyard, Gus & Georgie munching on the big bones we bought them. And now we're inside for dinner and a nap. The rain held off just long enough: it's starting to thunder and sprinkle now. A perfect weekend to close out my maternity leave. Now I'm off to get our things together for tomorrow. I think we're ready for our new routine.



No comments: