Okay Annie, we're ready anytime now...

40 Weeks (and 3 days)

Still no baby! I think I've mentioned before how impatient I am and how I'm trying to work on it. I've definitely determined that waiting for baby is the worst wait ever. It's so hard not having any idea when labor is going to start. You try to get as much rest as you can, and then you panic when you're not sleeping well or you're out too late or you walked around a store for 2 hours and now you're sore and exhausted. Because what if labor starts that night and you have no energy left? It's scary. Plus you're just so incredibly excited to meet her and snuggle her and see what she looks like and everything. It's so weird to think that while waiting for baby seems like it's dragging on and on, it really can only last a few weeks past your due date, and that wait will seem like so long ago when you blink and your baby is 6 months old, cutting teeth and sitting up on their own for the first time. It goes way too fast!

The good news is, we made it to our friend Tony's wedding. As much as I was wishing for Annie to come in the last week or so, I really would have been very sad to miss his big day. We love Tony--he's been one of Paul's best friends for years and years, and I've known him now for about 7 years. He's a great guy and has been a wonderful friend to us. He was really happy to have us there and we were happy to be there with him. It was great to see our friends and Tony's family too--they were all very excited for us. I'm glad everyone got to see me very pregnant, they all seemed to enjoy seeing the huge belly!

Friday I took the day off to rest up for the big event. My Mom took me grocery shopping, since I realized we had absolutely no food in the house and grocery shopping on the way home from the hospital did not sound at all appealing. I was worried about my water breaking and then having to drive home by myself, so I was really happy she was home to take me. I stocked up on frozen dinners and our usuals. So now we're all set--that is unless she doesn't come until sometime next week when we're out of food again!

That night was the rehearsal. We were at the church for an hour or so and then went to Tara's parents house for dinner. We had a great time visiting with everyone. I played bocce ball with the guys after dinner, hoping that the walking would get things moving along a bit. My strategy didn't work, but I kicked ass so it was worth it. ;o) We went home early, around 10, to try to get a good night's sleep before the big day. Unfortunately, I had the worst night of sleep I've had in a while. My back was really sore and stabby and I had a lot of cramping. I think I woke up a few times with contractions, but I couldn't really tell if it was just steady cramping or if it was contractions. I was worried for a minute when I thought they were contractions though. I was imagining us not making it to the wedding and hoping for the first time that she was going to hold off for another day or so!

I felt good on Saturday though--we slept in and got out to Geneva a bit late but it was worth having the extra sleep. It was a long day, but I felt great and had a really good time with everyone. We watched Tony get married (which I still can't believe!!) and afterwards we went on a boat trip to the reception. It was a gorgeous day for it, sunny and warm, just a bit breezy. Plus my water didn't break, which was our biggest concern for the day. Tony asked me throughout the day, "what aren't you going to do on the boat Kristin?" to which I would reply "have a baby." It worked!

Cocktail hour was outside on the lawn. Then we headed into the ballroom for dinner and dancing. Typical wedding stuff! We all had a lot of fun. It was really great to see Paul having such a good time with all of his high school buddies again, and Tony's friends from college have become our friends over the years too. One of my best friends that I grew up with married one of Paul's best friends from high school (they are also the parents of our 6-month old godson!), so I got to eat dinner with them and catch up, since I haven't seen her in a while. Everyone is so scattered now and so busy, it really is nice when we can all meet up again. I thought I was going to want to go home early to get some rest, but we ended up staying until the end of the reception because we were having so much fun and I was feeling so good. We got home around 2 or so. I felt a little bit of that "oh no, I'm not getting enough sleep" panic, but I just need to remember that we're never going to be fully prepared for this baby to come! We'll just do our best when it's time.

So that's the news for now. We are very relieved the wedding is over and we were able to make it. Now we can look forward to having her come without having to worry about missing anything! No signs today that anything is going to happen anytime soon, except feeling like she's a bit lower than usual (and very twisty which doesn't feel so good on the pelvic bones). But I guess you never know, really. Our next appointment is scheduled for Wednesday. I'll go for my regular appointment and then head to the hospital for a non-stress test and an ultrasound to see how things are going and whether there is any need to induce. But I'm still hoping I won't make it to that appointment, that she'll come either tonight or tomorrow so we can take advantage of Memorial Day weekend for Paul's time off. Fingers crossed!

No comments: